The UI/UX Engineer is responsible for visual design, UX and prototyping of User Interfaces ensuring application of appropriate HFE / Usability methods and techniques throughout the product design and development process. This role will be responsible for conducting usability evaluations and driving improvements to the user interface.
• Develop user profiles, with emphasis on human error control, display issues, visual interaction, physical manipulation and task and objective analyses.
• Identify user requirements, create visual designs/design systems and map user experience.
• Produce specifications describing user requirements, design guidelines and test protocols.
• Create, evaluate and modify prototypes to support evolving hardware and software application development.
• Troubleshoot, guide and support Product, Development and Test teams on application of visual and UX goals through agile delivery.
• Provide product usability, evaluation and support to product development teams. Actively promote and manage user testing.
• In line with IEC 62366 prepare study materials for usability tests, conduct Formative and Summative usability tests for medical devices and mobile device applications, analyze data, and compile results and findings for multidisciplinary teams of engineers, developers, clinicians, and executives.
• Conduct Task Analyses, Usability Audits, Cognitive Walk-throughs, and other Formative design and evaluation methods.
• Deliver HFE documentation needed for creating Usability Engineering Files for regulatory bodies and notifying body submissions.
• Run customer and cross-functional design reviews.
• 2-5 years of industry experience in Design, UX, and coordinating and conducting Usability Testing (including measurement of user performance, data analysis and reporting of results).
• Experience in mobile application usability and user interface design
• Fluency with web and mobile standards and technologies
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate actively and proactively with others in a cross-functional team.
• Self-motivated and self-managed with a high degree of analytical ability and intellectual curiosity.
• Familiarity with Human Factors processes and guidelines towards the development of medical devices
• Fluent English language skills and excellent business writing skills.
• Med-tech sector experience
• Experience in a Regulated domain
• Have worked in a truly agile working environment.
• Experience with CMMI (Capability Maturity Model Integration)