Our client is looking for an experienced IT Technical Support Specialist to take a key role in the ongoing support of the ICT environment at our corporate headquarters in Dublin. Working alongside ICT support teams on site and remotely, you partner with senior stakeholder and will be self-motivated with excellent interpersonal, customer focus and technical skills to react to user needs and ensure business continuity.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITY:
• Manage our client endpoint estate via Microsoft Endpoint Manager to include Client patching lifecycle, software updates, OS upgrades, Application packaging and manage distribution points.
• Manage and maintain base OS images, update Task Sequences as required. Our client maintains an N-1 model for endpoints.
• Manage mobile devices via Intune/endpoint manager.
• Provide update compliance and asset inventory reports via Endpoint Manager.
• Manage BitLocker encryption.
• Provides technical level 2 support in the use of personal computer hardware, software, mobile and specialised technology
• Implement a shift left approach to level 1 support - document knowledge articles for level 1 and train the level 1 team
• Manage incidents, changes, problems, and requests raised by users, logging all activity in ITIL aligned service management system.
• Set up and configure desktop computers, mobile devices, peripherals when required
• Creation and modification of user accounts in Active Directory and Office 365, assigning security levels
• Install software and repair hardware and peripherals; Tests programs & troubleshooting as necessary.
• Troubleshoots, diagnoses problems, implements corrective action procedures and/or escalates to other technical resources as appropriate
• Serves as an IT resource to the business unit and Globally
• Advocates prescribed security policy and processes
• Administers user accounts as necessary.
• Acts as a customer liaison for the computing operation, communicating, resolving, and/or initiating the resolution of problems and concerns
• Participates, Assists or Leads with technical projects
• Contributes to unit goals by accomplishing related duties as required.
• Training users on new systems, face-to-face and online.
• Support the roll-out of new applications and other ICT projects.
• A high level of expertise required on Microsoft Endpoint Manager/System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) - mandatory
• Working knowledge Mobile management tools (Microsoft Intune preferred, Air Watch, Mobile Iron, LANDesk) A high level of competence with Apple iPhones & iPads
• An in-depth understanding Windows 10, Microsoft 365
• Developing and executing PowerShell script is an advantage
• A good understanding of an enterprise technical environment (LAN/WAN/Wi-Fi/Data Networks/Networking) Client-Server Environment.
• Understand the role of enterprise servers in a PC environment (such as Domain Controllers, DHCP Service, Active Directory)
• Understanding of cloud technology (Azure)