- Design , Configuration , Support and Maintenance of Linux Services to SLA at First Derivatives DCs.
- Develop the processes/procedures as part of a continuous improvement approach to System and Service Delivery.
- Work as part of highly skilled technical team reporting to the Head of Technical Services.
- Interaction with support teams globally.
- Work in an audited (SSAE18) environment using ITIL best practices.
- Provide out-of-hours on-call support for the Unix Services that you provide.
- Help maintain the Internally hosted and cloud based First Derivatives Linux Systems.
Core Technical Competencies:
- 5 Years Linux Administration – Red Hat Enterprise 6/7/8 preferably but relevant experience with other linux distrubutions would also be considered.
- Cloud experience (AWS, Google and IBM) an advantage. Our client systems are a blend of onsite and cloud based.
- Scripting Experience (Python, Ruby, Unix Shell scripts)
- Load Balancing Technologies – working knowledge.
- Experience in Administering EMC VNX SANs.
- Familiarity with multi-tier web deployed systems,
- Capacity Management.
- Backup solutions (On Prem and Cloud) – a working knowledge of ‘Amanda’ advantageous.
- Proficient in troubleshooting hardware issues (mainly Dell EMC servers and Storage )
- A knowledge of any of the following would be beneficial : Apache Tomcat configuration, kdb+ , Nagios Monitoring , Containerisation Technologies, Windows Server , Citrix Xen , VPNs , CI/CD tools , Gitlab/SVN and stunnels.
Core Business Competencies:
- Responsible Individual who will take ownership of their domain and be prepared to stand over the service provided.
- Ability to work well in a small technical team working from multiple locations.
- Operations background with solid understanding of process driven,best practice service delivery.
- Ability to operate at Customer Contact level.
- Good communications and leadership skills.
- Service and Customer based focus.
- Knowledge of Foreign exchange or similar financial services an advantage
- Degree level or higher in Computer Science or related discipline