Our client is looking for a Senior System Programmer - Mainframe, Your role will be Production Support, Deployment of Changes and System Configuration. Strong knowledge of service delivery, together with good technical and soft skills are key to this role. You will also work with Technology teams, business partners and external vendors to support projects and initiatives.
- Provide mainframe support to Operations team for system issues and batch failures.
- Act as an escalation point for internal customer queries.
- Monitoring & Resolution of Assyst Queue Mainframe related issues.
- Manage the Mainframe platform escalating issues to 3rd party support promptly to address hardware & software issues.
- Support Access Control team in managing appropriate system access provision.
- Keep Operating System and third party products on the latest releases.
- Provide Mainframe Sysprog support for projects as required.
- Apply quarterly patches and perform DR tests bi-annually.
- Highlight and provide solutions for remediation of areas of improvement within the team to aid investigation or resolve issues in a more efficient manner.
- Support Service Control by providing updates on live production incidents relating to expected ETA for issue resolution.
- Raise any necessary Risk Operational Events as required within the agreed timeframes and provide updates and details as required to the Risk team. Ensure Risks are handled effectively through timely resolution or mitigating Action Plans.
- Provide 24x7 overnight On-Call support on a rota basis.
- 5 Years + IT technical experience with Microsoft/Linux Technologies.
- Z/OS Operating System Upgrades
- ACF2 Role Based Access
- SMPE 3rd party software installation and maintenance
- CICS & FRS administration.
- Good communication, planning, and organisational skills.
- Vendor management experience.
- Risk management experience.
- Ability to learn and understand complex business and IT systems and processes.
- Technical troubleshooting & problem solving skills.
- Experience in the support and management of vendor supported software tools.
- Demonstrate positive experience of fostering change and adoption of new ways of working.
- High levels of dependability, flexibility, enthusiasm, commitment, supportiveness, involvement, openness and clarity.
- Enthusiastic, committed and proactive approach to problem solving.
- FDR, VTAPE and Oracle Robot technologies experience.
- MQ & Connect Direct software tools experience.
- Experience with Mainframe Architecture & Network design.
- Procurement management experience.
- Experience with the following Endevor, Fileaid, IWS, Expeditor & System Automation.
- Knowledge of tapeless Backup and recovery technology such as Optica
- Self-starter, highly motivated with the ability to work on own initiative.
- Team player displaying ability to work with others within and outside the team and a willingness to be flexible to assist in achieving the overall goals of the team.
- Ambitious with an ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines.
- Ability to break problems into their component parts and gathers relevant data to support objective decision making.
- Supports the continuous improvement agenda and identifies opportunities to improve procedures and processes.