This role has responsibility for the delivery of the managed service within agreed targets and quality standards. Ensure that customer service is preformed to a high standard promoting a “customer first” culture in everything we do.
• Oversee the daily operation of the Service Desk, including coordinating and managing ticket queues to ensure customer focused, timely and effective incident resolution in line with SLAs.
• Management of all proactive services including server/client monitoring and patching services.
• Recruit, train and support the service desk team, monitor and review team and personal performance regularly.
• Take the lead in high priority incident management and communication.
• Promote and enforce Service Desk operations’ compliance with ISO20000 and ISO27001 standards; assist in maintaining of and enforcing compliance with Information Security policies and procedures.
• Ensure tickets are correctly categorised and managed in line with agreed procedures.
• Ensure that staff provide a high standard of customer service to end-users; promote active feedback in all directions to improve services, tools and end-user experience.
• Offer suggestions for continuous service improvements and lead the development of new procedures
• Manage staff scheduling to ensure service desk coverage during normal business hours and effective coordination with on call teams.
• Act as the conduit between the service delivery managers and the Service Desk
• Oversee development and maintenance of the service desk documentation system, ensure client runbooks and procedural documentation are up to date.
• The role will require onsite visits to customer site as part of scheduled meeting and service reviews.
• Produce service desk performance and customer reports as required by management.
• Knowledge of and practical understanding of ITIL framework
• Experience in managing customer focused and KPI driven teams
• Excellent communication and customer service skills with the ability to support clients remotely.
• Excellent time management skills and ability to work under time pressure
• 3rd Level IT related degree desirable
• A+ and Network + desirable