• The ideal candidate will be working as Senior Engineer programme to support our Primary engineers and deliver network projects to clients.
• Provide hardware testing, support and project and installation services within designated Service Level Agreements and time frames, ensuring customer satisfaction is at the forefront of all commitments.
• This is a customer facing role requiring the successful candidate to undertake detailed design, consultancy, and escalated support tasks.
• The successful candidate will be required to host / attend customer meeting in both a pre- and post-sales capacity and act as the Technical Design Authority within a project.
• Creative problem-solving skills, resourcefulness, and the ability to work under pressure are key attributes.
• Consultant will be working 20% design and consultancy + 40% pre-stage and installation + 30% Post-Sales Support + 10% Pre-Sales Support.
• Deliver against customer incidents and problems ensuring they are dealt with in line with the Incident and Problem Management Processes, such that customers receive a professional, high quality level of service.
• Design network infrastructures and systems to meet customer requirements, authoring detailed design documentation to enhance customer satisfaction and satisfy business requirements.
• Liaise with the customers to understand their network, determine the consultancy commitment required to provide reports, recommendations and technical detail needed to ensure the success of business opportunities.
• On-site Installation work, including projects and international requests to deliver 1st time installations by following work method detail and H&S guidelines as provided.
• Provide high level technical support by analyzing complex customer issues, identify root cause and resolve in accordance with SLAs to maintain and improve customer satisfaction.
• Assist and/or lead the pre-staging of equipment to be installed on customer sites.
• Ensure all network design and build documentation are maintained and available to fellow engineers via intranet.
• Maintain spares pool and customer support inventory including serial numbers, locations, and SLA data.
• Execute the control of ‘standby’ equipment in order to maintain the availability of the Lab based customer ‘standby’ equipment to facilitate the delivery of rapid response for fault investigation and restoration of support contracts.
• Understanding of networking fundamentals
• 5 years field engineer or NOC experience
• Experience of multi-vendor equipment
• Excellent customer facing skills
• Problem solving
• Works well in a team
• Fluent written and verbal communication
• Excellent time management and troubleshooting skills
• Ability to work to deadlines and within SLAs
• Eagerness to learn new technologies/skills
• Contribute to support documentation and knowledge base articles
• Full Drivers License and own Car
IT related Degree or Diploma with one of the following -
• Juniper JNCIP-ENT, JNCIP-SP, JNCIS-SEC or CCNP
• Aruba Certified Switching Professional (ACSP)
• Aruba Certified Mobility Professional (ACMP)
• Aruba Certified ClearPass Professional (ACCP)