• This is a key opportunity to join a rapidly growing Irish pharmaceutical organization.
• The Senior IT Systems Administrator is a pivotal role in IT organization. Based in Dublin.
• The role is responsible for ensuring the delivery and support of IT systems to the global organization.
• The Senior Systems Administrator will provide Level 3 IT support for the global organization, liaising with Level 1&2 engineers to ensure IT systems are proactively maintained and monitored, and that all escalated issues are brought to timely resolution.
• The role will also be the technical lead within IT project teams tasked with designing and implementing new IT solutions for the business, leveraging their expert knowledge of Server-based systems, Cloud technologies, Networks/Firewalls and End User Computing environments.
• Level 3 support, maintenance & administration of IT infrastructure estate, based on Windows Server, VMware, Linux and Azure environments.
• Technical Lead on IT projects, ensuring all new solutions have detailed Requirements Specifications, Design Documents, Deployment Plans, Change Control and Acceptance into Service documents.
• Work within an ITIL environment governing Change Control, Incident Management, Service management and Asset Management.
• Management of technology vendors, ensuring all systems are supported, all support contracts are current.
• Maintenance and administration of Microsoft Active Directory, O365 and Windows Desktop environments, Azure server instances, SQL server and SAN storage.
• Maintenance and administration of IPAM management, DNS/DHCP.
• Maintenance of telephony (PBX) environment.
• Procurement of IT assets (Hardware, Software) and ordering/maintenance of 3rd party services (Public/Private cloud, ISP/WAN Links)
• Maintenance of IT security policies and adherence to IT security standards
• Ensuring systems compliance with industry regulations (e.g., GxP)
• Ensuring all technical support documentation is current.
• Provide training to team members or end users as appropriate.
• Beneficial to have MCSE, CISSP, CCNA, Fortinet NSE
• Windows Server/Desktop, AD, O365, Azure, SQL, SCCM, ADFS, Backup
• Linux Server, Applications servers
• Cisco Router/Switches, VLANs, OSPF, Wireless configurations
• Firewalls (VPNs, Rule-base management)
• Storage: SAN technologies
• Must have fluent English, with excellent written English.
• Additional languages beneficial (Portuguese, French, Spanish)
• Must have strong business stakeholder engagement experience
• Team Player. Must work well within a team environment, providing support to colleagues
• Strong work ethic
• Flexible approach to work
This is a rewarding role with emphasis on targets and delivery. As self-starter and motivated individual, the candidate will have:
• Degree in Information Technology / Computer Science or related field.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in an IT Support Role