This position requires a responsible, team oriented, well-organized individual with strong technical and communications skills and the ability to handle multiple concurrent issues while adapting quickly to rapidly changing priorities.
As a member of the Infrastructure Engineering team, the employee in this position will be required to work closely with the customer service, implementation, network operations, quality assurance, and software development teams to efficiently document, troubleshoot, and resolve issues with commercially deployed wireless systems.
• Providing technical architectural support and guidance for solution opportunities that involve virtualization, cloud infrastructure, management, and security
• Provide recommendations for process improvement, documentation for maintaining and supporting highly available cloud, hybrid cloud and carrier-grade on premises platforms
• Responsible for server lifecycle processes including provisioning, patching, and maintenance of server nodes across AWS and private cloud VMware environments.
• Assisting with customer cloud implementations and configurations
• Assisting carriers with problem solving multi-party issues in a consultative manner
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE PROVIDING GENERAL ASSISTANCE WITH:
• Implementation of processes and procedures
• Creation and maintenance of implementation and operations documentation
• Cloud based, central site and remote installation and/or maintenance activities
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• 3+ years of experience in a Cloud Engineering or Cloud Administration role
• Proficient in AWS (EC2, ECS, EKS, S3, RDS, EFS, IAM, VPC, EBS, Lambda, CloudFormation, Cloudwatch)
• Experience working with service architecture and containerization, such as Docker, Kubernetes
• Experience with configuration management tools (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc.)
• Understanding of public, private and hybrid cloud architectures
• Experience supporting a mix environment of Linux servers and ESX hosts that includes patching, firmware upgrades and troubleshooting for servers located all around the world
• Experience with data at scale, MySQL, Postgres, DynamoDB, Mongo, ElasticSearch
• Knowledge of TCP/IP and networking in a cloud and datacenter environments.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent certifications and relevant work experience
• Experience around AWS, GCP, Azure, VMware, and OpenStack technologies
• Proficient working with Linux/UNIX, specifically RHEL, CentOS and Ubuntu
• Scripting experience (Python, Perl, Bash, Java)
• Certification as an AWS Solutions Architect, Cloud Security Certification, and/or OpenStack Administrator Certification a plus (Other cloud-related certification also a plus.)
• Experience with service-oriented applications and cloud-based services, preferably AWS
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal