Our Client Cloud Operations team is seeking engineers that enjoy solving problems, working with customers, and have technical backgrounds from a variety of different fields including Linux/Windows systems administration, database design and optimization, network administration, and DevOps. The successful candidate will be delivering scale & security in the Cloud Models with extensive use of DevOps functions. The role will involve implementing SaaS / PaaS / IaaS delivery in a secured and operational manner.
• Develop and build automated deployments for Cloud hosted solution.
• Develop and proposing CI/CD improvements.
• Proposing AWS enhancements into current infrastructure as code
• Troubleshooting complex deployment issues on a multi-tier cloud enterprise solution.
• Help projects to adopt cloud technologies, supporting them in defining requirements, building prototypes, proof of concept environments
• Proactively automate infrastructure and services to enable a small team to deliver value to a global enterprise.
• Working with on shore and offshore vendors
• Work directly with customers, operations and engineering to research, troubleshoot, and Resolve performance issues in a timely manner.
• Clearly and succinctly document communications with customers within our case management system.
• Ensure customer satisfaction through outstanding customer service and high quality technical responses.
• Effectively prioritize and escalate customer issues as required.
• Provide input on automation, and a systematic approach to configuration, deployment and infrastructure maintenance and recovery as well as continuing to improve the performance and reliability of the network and the overall service.
• Help define technical solutions to meet business needs through Agile process.
• Foster high-performance, collaborative technical work resulting in high-quality output.
• Gather and analyse data to aide in informed decision-making while providing detailed, realistic estimates.
• Interact skilfully with business stakeholders and third-party technical organizations.
• Work closely with architecture and security teams to deliver security by design for our client’s wider IT teams
• Document & present DevOps practices to internal team and wider teams to promote Cloud DevOps.
• 4+ years' experience in Cloud DevOps engineering or similar role.
• Expert experience in AWS administration and troubleshooting for two (2) or more of the following:
• Orchestration Management
• Configuration Management
• Continuous Integration technology (e.g. Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, or related tools)
• Expert of experience with System Administration with Linux (CentOS, RedHat) and/or Microsoft Windows Server and associated technologies (Active Directory, Exchange)
• Expert experience with Networking and troubleshooting (TCP/IP, DNS, routing, switching, firewalls, LAN/WAN, traceroute, iperf, dig, cURL or related)
• Strong experience with CloudFormation.
• Strong AWS & Cloud security understanding
• Extensive hands-on experience leading the architecture design, development & deployment of enterprise software at scale
• Ability to automate repeatable tasks via scripting using tools such as Ansible, Bash, and PowerShell
• Strong problem identification and problem-solving skills
• Good verbal & written communication skills and demonstrated ability to collaborate across teams and organizations
• Proven track record in meeting deadlines
• Proactive and can work independently or as part of a team Willingness to take ownership and ability to show strong personal commitment for the department and the team goals; must be comfortable with being considered a reliable and proactive influential team member who is not afraid to take on responsibility in the team.
• Degree or Diploma in Computing or similar related qualification
• AWS Dev Ops engineer certification
• Linux Red hat certification would be a bonus