Responsibilities & Tasks:
• Management of Local Area Networks (inc. switching and routing environments)
• Management of Wide Area Networks.
• Management of wireless technologies.
• Management of network monitoring applications and tools.
Skills and Experience Required:
• Strong working knowledge and hands-on experience in setting up and managing Local/Wide Area Networks.
• Familiarity with all main switching/routing protocols and standards inc. Ethernet, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP etc.
• Familiarity with cabling standards.
• Practical hands-on experience in setting up computer networks.
• Knowledge of SD WAN technologies would be an advantage.
• Experience in dealing with multiple 3rd party WAN providers.
• Strong working knowledge and hands on experience in support of 8X8 Unified Communications system or similar.
• Strong working knowledge and hands-on experience in managing computer rooms.
- This includes computer cabling, Air Conditioning requirements, Uninterruptable Power Supplies, system racks etc.
• Strong working knowledge and hands-on experience of managing network monitoring applications and tools.