The Network L2 person is someone who is exposed to data room environments. Hands on replacing switches, low level config changes etc. Would be familiar in using network monitoring tools such as; SolarWinds, Netcrunch etc.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
• Management of Local Area Networks (inc. switching and routing environments)
• Management of Wide Area Networks.
• Management of wireless technologies.
• Management of network monitoring applications and tools.
Skills and Experience Required:
• Strong working knowledge and hands-on experience in setting up and managing Local/Wide Area Networks.
• Familiarity with all main switching/routing protocols and standards inc. Ethernet, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP etc.
• Familiarity with cabling standards.
• Practical hands-on experience in setting up computer networks.
• Knowledge of SD WAN technologies would be an advantage.
• Experience in dealing with multiple 3rd party WAN providers.
• Strong working knowledge and hands on experience in support of 8X8 Unified Communications system or similar.
• Strong working knowledge and hands-on experience in managing computer rooms.
- This includes computer cabling, Air Conditioning requirements, Uninterruptable Power Supplies, system racks etc.
• Strong working knowledge and hands-on experience of managing network monitoring applications and tools.