The Infrastructure Engineer will be a member of the infrastructure team and work under the direct supervision of the Infrastructure Manager. The role is focused on aiding in infrastructure/software projects, troubleshooting issues and explore new ways of optimizing tasks, workflows, and technologies through adoption of cutting-edge technology.
The Infrastructure Engineer will work with, and learn to master technologies such as Ubuntu, Docker, Ansible, AWS, Git, Apache, MySQL, ElasticSearch, Redis, Windows Server, AD, PHP, and others.
- Maintain, support, and develop the IT infrastructure across the business.
- Developing and maintaining system documentation (technical, operations, support)
- Work closely with application support staff to resolve complex technical issues.
- Support the management of problem resolution: Reviews customer needs, gathers information from relevant sources to understand problems; and identifies irregularities before major problems occur.
- Maintains, upgrades or enhances existing user systems; troubleshoots and provides continuing support, including resolving difficult problems, advising on the use of new techniques, monitoring transactions to measure performance and continued effectiveness of assigned systems, etc;
- Tests, and implements system security for operating systems, infrastructure software (system utilities, security tools, monitoring tools, tuning tools, etc.) and infrastructure devices
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of new technologies equipment and services in the data communications industry, for evaluation and potential adoption.
- Review project designs and follow-up actions for project acceptance.
- Resolving issues and problems that may arise in the implementation of projects.
- Perform infrastructure related ad-hoc tasks such as restoring backups, transferring data, analysing logfiles etc.
- Be motivated with a passion for learning about technology.
- Bachelor’s Degree, or technical institute degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or another related field. Or equivalent work/side project experience with Linux, Infrastructure and Open-Source products
- Experience with building, troubleshooting, and managing Linux/BSD servers essential. Debian / Ubuntu preferable.
- Experience with Apache/NGINX web server technologies, MySQL/MS SQL Database systems essential.
- 3 years of IT work/project experience in computer systems or support with demonstrated working knowledge of basic hardware and software products and problem solving / troubleshooting skills
- Previous experience in AWS and Ansible will be an advantage
- Knowledge of Networks and experience with FortiGate, Cisco or Huawei networking equipment is a strong advantage.