The successful candidate will provide 1st level ICT technical support to users and ensure all calls are resolved in an effective and timely manner.
• Provide 1st level ICT technical support.
• Ensure all calls are resolved in an effective and timely manner.
• Log all ICT Service Desk calls on Call Logging System
• Log all relevant calls with 3rd Party Suppliers, maintaining a list of equipment taken off-site and following up on outstanding calls.
• Provide long lasting solutions for regularly occurring problems
• Coordinate and liaise with 3rd party vendors providing ICT services.
• Assisting in planning and implementing the rollout of new software applications, operating systems, hardware etc. to users.
• Provide 1st level infrastructural support.
• Computer Operations duties (e.g. Administration System).
• From time to time it will be necessary to work out of hours to resolve problems or work on projects.
• To monitor users via Service Desk activities and identify opportunities for improved or new services.
• Constantly review the processes within the Service Desk and provide opportunities for improvement where necessary.
• Participate in the on-call support service operated by the Information Technology Department.
• Work in close cooperation with other members of the ICT team, in particular Network Administration, in order to deliver quality services to our users
• Participate in administrative/clerical functions for the Department to include:
• Maintaining / Filing all relevant documentation / application forms / contracts etc.
• Monitor and maintain adequate stocks of stationery /consumables
• Purchasing Duties
• Dealing with ICT Service Desk mail
• To partake in other adhoc duties within the ICT Department which may arise from time to time.
• Continuous self-education in matters relating to the position including maintaining an awareness of ICT innovations and trends and advising the ICT Service Desk Supervisor / ICT Team
• The candidate must have an Information Technology 3rd level qualification or equivalent.
• The candidate must have experience of working in an ICT Service Desk.
• It is desirable to have industry level qualifications / certifications (e.g. Microsoft)
• Experience of working in Information Technology.
• Two years or more experience of working in an ICT Service Desk is desirable