We are looking for an experienced DevOps professional. In this position, you will manage infrastructure projects and processes. A keen attention to detail, problem-solving abilities, and solid knowledge base are essential. The successful candidate will fully embrace cloud infrastructure in multi-tenant environments.
This is a great opportunity to join a growing technology company and be on the right side of the change that is sweeping this industry. A real desire to work in a collaborative and fast-paced environment is essential.
- Work directly with the Platform Team to design, build, test and deploy platform infrastructure.
- Build and test automation tools for infrastructure provisioning via infrastructure as code.
- Develop mechanisms to allow development teams to handle code deployments in all environments.
- Create, improve and monitor metrics and telemetry.
- Provide technical guidance and educate team members and co-workers on development and operations.
- Brainstorm and implement new ideas and ways to improve continuous development and delivery.
- Enforce best security practices.
- Build, maintain, and monitor configuration standards.
- Document and design various processes; update existing processes.
- Follow all best practices and procedures as established by company.
- Three years previous experience in development and operations, or related IT, computer, or operations field.
- A minimum of three years’ experience with a continuous integration, DevOps or related experience.
- Excellent Communication skills as this role regularly deals with many stakeholders and the function of the role is to bridge the gap between Operations and the R&D Area of the Organization.
- An expert collaborator.
- Previous experience with software development, infrastructure development, or development and operations.
- Experience working on AWS infrastructure.
- Expertise administrating and scaling Kubernetes on AWS EKS.
- Experience with Terraform and service meshes.
- Experience working in a micro services environment.
- Strong Linux system administration and troubleshooting skills, including strong knowledge of how the various components work (kernel, CPU, memory, disk, network).
- Experience and knowledge of Agile methodologies.
- Up-to-date on latest industry trends; able to articulate trends and potential clearly and confidently.
- Has a drive to automate and enable others through automation.
- Good interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of management.
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
- Be resourceful, inventive and passionate about technologies.
- Excellent communication.
- Monitoring of all critical services, sharing pager duty, troubleshooting and addressing problems as they arise (including any needed changes in code, topology, resources, or configuration).
- Evaluating and benchmarking new solutions, establishing capacity and growth plans.
- Implementing deployment and configuration strategies for new services, including provisioning resources, and go-live.
- Continuous optimization of services on all layers (hardware, software) for high performance.
- Continuous improvement of internal services for ease of packaging, configuration and deployment. Enable developer delivery and ownership through tools and scaffolds.
- Backup and data recovery implementation, plans, documentation and exercises.
- Co-own technical relationships with several service providers and vendors.