Apply for Job
Our client is currently building next generation platform combining leading edge technologies with our innovative financial services to accelerate growth -
- The Data Architect / Data Lead reports to the CTO. It offers the right individual the opportunity to establish the Data Strategy and operations that will support the evolution of a high-performance fintech engineering team as it progresses on a Data First strategy.
- Building a platform that combines our innovative financial skills with leading edge technologies requires a high performing team that is entrepreneurial, experimental, and highly experienced in multiple domains.
- This platform will evolve towards progressively data driven automated decision making. To realise that goal, our client is seeking a strong technical leader with a blend of data and innovation skills.
- The successful candidate will be motivated to lead the data function in a fast-moving fintech with a strong vision of how data can be a transformative capability for organisations.
- As a member of the team, you will have the opportunity to combine your data and technology skills with an existing team of innovators in the areas of finance, trading and technology
- Establish a data strategy that meets the goals of the business through the technology platform.
- Decide on the blend of cloud-based data technologies that best meet the needs of the platform.
- Develop the architecture that blends data streaming, traditional transaction processing and analytic databases and data warehousing.
- Position for adoption of Machine Learning technologies and support the emerging AI technologies on the platform
- Build the data function including hiring a supporting team
- Establish Data Governance and control processes
- Build a data analytics and data reporting function in support of the business
- Mentor the engineering teams and business teams on data driven capabilities
- Have extensive experience of data technologies including traditional RDBMS, NoSql, Streaming, ETL, Analytics and Data Warehousing with 8+ years of practical experience.
- Have data architecture skills with experience in designing and growing data platforms.
- Are a strong communication skills and will be comfortable in delivering technical information and analytical information to a blend of business and technical people.
- An innovator who is seeking to take leadership responsibility for a key function in a high-performance technology team.
- A clear vision of how existing and emerging data technologies can be applied to transform an organisation’s capabilities and operations.
- Hold a third level degree or qualification in a technology or engineering related discipline
- Comfortable in a high paced, fast moving FinTech environment
- Ambitious and keen to use your initiative in an entrepreneurial business environment
- Fluent in English with great written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Organised and able plan own time to independently progress and complete multiple activities
- Excited by the opportunity of revolutionising working capital finance.
- You’re a natural born leader with great people and technical skills.