This role will be a Consultant in an Infrastructure Consulting practice in the Irish marketplace focused on providing technical leadership and advisory services for hybrid cloud infrastructure solutions for our client customer base. The ideal candidate will have a strong mix of technical, system architectural and commercial skills and will advise our customers how to craft a flexible, technically solid & financially viable enterprise cloud strategy. The candidate will also be expected to lead the design and build of the hybrid cloud infrastructure platform.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Architects, designs, develops and manages the implementation of complex cloud infrastructure and platform solutions.
• Good knowledge and hands-on experience of cloud infrastructure technologies is a requirement.
• Works directly with client to gather requirements, design solutions, build proof of concepts and implement cloud solutions.
• Lead the delivery of cloud readiness assessments – our Cloud Readiness Assessment service are a fee-based offering delivered by the Professional Services team and are designed to help our customers decide what cloud solutions & technologies are right for their organization. Depending on the scope of the project, assessments typically take several weeks to conduct. They provide an in-depth analysis of the client's current environment, that include datacentre, infrastructure and application evaluation as well as examining how these are impacting business needs and goals.
• Assists in opportunity evaluation and leading or assisting on pursuits at new clients or within existing ones.
• Demonstrates and actively promotes an understanding and commitment to the mission through performing behaviours consistent with the organisation's values.
• Maintains a working knowledge of our client policies and procedures in order to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical and professional behaviors.
• Supports and conducts self in a manner consistent with customer service expectations.
• It would be desirable for the candidate to have a Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
• The candidate should have a chargeable professional services / consulting, client-facing background.
• Experience in the following is required:
o Providing Private & Hybrid Cloud / Enterprise Infrastructure Architecture designs and standards
o Understanding of public cloud IAAS and Infrastructure integration, automation and orchestration.
o Understanding Cloud Platforms from a service provider perspective.
o Interpreting, understanding and solving complex technical problems.
• The ideal candidate would also demonstrate broad technical knowledge and must have experience of the following key platform technologies:
o Cloud Platforms - one or more of Azure, AWS or Oracle Cloud (in that order of priority)
o DevOps & CI / CD Tools - one or more of Azure DevOps, Jenkins, Ansible
o Container Technology - one or more of Docker, Azure ACS, Azure AKS, Amazon ECS, Amazon EKS, Kubernetes
o Infrastructure As Code Technology- one or more of Azure ARM, AWS Cloud Formation, Terraform
o Cloud Management - one or more of Rightscale, Cisco CloudCenter
• The candidate will have one or more vendor cloud and converged infrastructure certifications, e.g. AWS Certified Solutions Architect, Microsoft Certified Azure Administrator Associate (or Expert), IBM Certified Solution Architect, VCDX-Cloud (VMware Certified Design Expert)
Desirable Experience and Certifications:
• Ideally the candidate would also have some experience of the following technologies:
o Hybrid Cloud Solutions - GCP, IBM Cloud, Oracle Cloud, Office365
o Virtualisation - vSphere, Hyper-V, OpenStack
o Hyperconverged Infrastructure - NetApp HCI, Cisco Hyperflex, Nutanix
o Microsoft Services - Active Directory, DNS, DHCP
o Networking - Cisco
o Monitoring Tools - Splunk, LogicMonitor
o Scripting Languages - Shell, Ruby, Perl, Python, PowerShell
Other Skills and Abilities:
• The candidate will be required to work as part of a multi-skilled Infrastructure consulting team working on chargeable projects, so should be open to learning new technologies, and should be prepared to work for multiple clients on a variety of cloud infrastructure projects.
• Must be able to have business level conversations with customers and assist them in deploying solutions to meet business requirements.
• Outstanding oral, written, and technical/business communication skills.
• Troubleshooting and initiative management skills.
• Customer service focus and excellent interpersonal skills.
• Presentation and collaboration skills.
• Must be able to multi-task and accommodate requests from multiple customers and Account Managers.