This role will be to work as a Managed Services Engineer, focused on Cloud Infrastructure-As-A-Service technologies, in a Cloud Practice in the Irish marketplace, focused on the smooth provision of cloud managed services. Provides technical support for AWS and/or Azure cloud technologies, particularly Infrastructure-As-A-Service storage, server, containers and data protection environments and its customers.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Provides incident & problem management services for resolving customer technical issues on cloud IAAS infrastructure
• Acts as first point of contact for customer technical issues and manages & troubleshoots issues on customer’s cloud environments based on Microsoft (and ideally AWS) best practice processes and industry standards.
• Will be responsible for monitoring and managing a number of customers’ IAAS environments
• Manages escalated infrastructure support issues, coordinates communications with our CSP partners (Microsoft & AWS)
• Supports to resolve complex issues and escalating to senior support teams as required
• Participates in managing customer change requests and problem ticket resolution.
• Documents environments, processes and procedures to enable support of cloud environments by other members of Managed Services team.
• Works with Service Delivery Managers to propose enhancements to clients cloud infrastructure in order to meet client’s cloud deployment requirements.
• Remains current on technical and company related literature/correspondence and regularly reviews administrative procedures.
• Keeps current with Cloud technical certifications, specialization exams, and licenses.
• Provides technical expertise and acts as a technical specialist
• Documents procedures for Operations teams.
• Supports and conducts self in a manner consistent with customer service expectations.
• It would be desirable but not essential for the candidate to have a third level qualification.
• Experience in the following is required:
o Managing Microsoft Azure IAAS and other technologies
o Managing customers’ cloud infrastructure environments in a managed service context
o Knowledge and working experience of cloud backup solutions
o Understanding of cloud storage technologies and ideally on-premise storage, with any major storage vendor
o General cognizance of cloud infrastructure metrics, trend analysis and reporting
o Understanding of core networking technologies (TCP/IP, routing, etc)
The ideal candidate would have some hands on experience of some of the following technologies:
• Other Cloud IAAS CSPs – Microsoft Azure, GCP, IBM Cloud, or Oracle Cloud
• Virtualization - vSphere, Hyper-V, OpenStack
• Microsoft Services - Active Directory, DNS, DHCP
• DevOps & CI / CD Tools - one or more of DevOps technologies, Azure, Jenkins, Ansible
• Networking - Cisco
• Monitoring Tools - Splunk, LogicMonitor
• Container Technology - one or more of Docker, Amazon ECS, Amazon EKS, Kubernetes
• Infrastructure As Code Technology- one or more of AWS Cloud Formation, Terraform
• Cloud Management - one or more of Rightscale, Cisco CloudCenter
• One or more certifications from Microsoft Azure (beyond foundational certs)
• One or more certifications from AWS foundational cert & beyond
• One or more virtualization certifications
• One or more other Microsoft certifications
• One or more backup certifications
Other Skills and Abilities:
• Outstanding oral, written, and technical/business communication skills.
• Ability to earn customer, partner, and employee trust and respect through demonstrating commitment to exceed expectations.
• Ability to work on-call duties that include 24x7 responses on rotating basis within team.
• Ability to break down ideas, problems, or opportunities into components, solve problems, and implement customer requests.
• Eager to evaluate and test new manufacturer products, services, troubleshooting, installation, and configuration techniques.
• Works effectively under pressure and stressful situations.
• Stays on leading edge of cloud technology by learning new techniques and methods through continual education.
• Evaluates, escalates, and exercises good judgment and make decisions based on limited information.
• Ability to work as stand alone or in team environment.
• Works proactively and does what is expected at all times.
• Meets deadlines by prioritizing work requests based on sense of urgency.
• Strong technical and customer interaction skills.
• Self-starter with excellent organizational, administrative and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to follow through with tasks, projects, and troubleshooting with minimal supervision.
• Superb customer service skills.