Job Details –
Our client’s Cloud Operations team is seeking engineers that enjoy solving problems, working with customers, and have technical backgrounds from a variety of different fields. As a member of the Cloud Operations team you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology, assisting a global list of companies and developers that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications.
• Monitoring the effect of changes and responding to alerts; including investigating for root cause.
• Work directly with customers, operations and engineering to research, troubleshoot, and resolve performance issues in a timely manner.
• Contribute to our team knowledge base.
• Clearly and succinctly document communications with customers within our case management system.
• Ensure customer satisfaction through outstanding customer service and high-quality technical responses.
• Effectively prioritize and escalate customer issues as required.
• Write documentation, how-to videos, and other technical articles for the internal and external community.
• Drive customer communication during critical events.
• Provide input on automation, and a systematic approach to configuration, deployment and infrastructure maintenance and recovery as well as continuing to improve the performance and reliability of the network and the overall service.
• Document all aspects, including reproductions and resolutions within the support ticketing system.
• Own escalated issues and drive them through to resolution by working with appropriate teams.
• Lead customer calls and workshops where needed.
• Experience with agile full life-cycle methodologies & software continuous integration.
• Experience in cloud architecture.
• Strong knowledge of AWS cloud on network, security, compute, storage & continuous integration.
• Strong knowledge of Cloud security & application management ecosystems, including areas of security automation, security monitoring and alert, application monitoring and alert.
• Experience providing system support in a technical environment working with customers, with special focus in system performance and stability.
• Good hands-on experience leading the architecture design, development & deployment of enterprise software at scale.
• Familiarity & understanding of AWS public and private cloud architecture.
• Work experience in a software delivery lifecycle and production deployment team.
• Ability to automate repeatable tasks via scripting using tools such as Ansible, Bash, and PowerShell
• Experience with SysOps activities managing relational databases.
• Strong problem identification and problem solving skills.
• Strong written & verbal communication skills.
• Proven track record in meeting deadlines.
• Proactive and can work independently or as part of a team.
• Degree or Diploma in Computing or similar related qualification.
• AWS certification desirable.
• Linux Red hat certification would be a bonus.