Role type: Automation Engineer
This position requires a self-motivated professional to work within an expanding Automation team providing cutting-edge automation solutions to clients. Bespoke solutions are delivered using a wide range of commercial and open-source tools. The candidate will need to work collaboratively with our customers to scope, plan, implement and refine automation solutions specific to requirements. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate a working knowledge of Automation tools and frameworks.
- Design, plan, implement and maintain automation test frameworks using commercial or open-source tools. This includes;
- Working with key stakeholders to identify and design automation solutions.
- Generating reliable effort estimates for tasks.
- Creating automation solution design based on “best-practice”.
- Building automation test cases based on functional test assets.
- Working collaboratively with other teams during test preparation and execution activities.
- Investigating and debug application defects.
- Producing clear and concise reports during the lifecycle of an automation project.
- Identifying opportunities for further test automation or efficiencies through automation.
- Communicating Automation Benefits to clients.
- Ability to work unsupervised and manage own Automation deliverables
- Participate in training, including self-conducted learning, to keep skills up-to-date.
- Work on supervised proof of concept exercises including the creation of pre-sales collateral.
Desired Skills & Experience
- You should have at least 2 years’ experience of automation testing across a number of projects and technologies
- Working knowledge of Automation tools and frameworks. Experience developing Automation Test Cases and Functions using specific approach
- Must be proficient in industry leading automation test tools (e.g. QTP/UFT, Selenium, Coded UI, TestComplete, BDD tooling (Cucumber / jBehave)).
- Must be proficient at writing complex code in some of the following languages: Java, C#, MS VBScript
- Understanding of CI, Dependency Management and Source Control tools.
- Understanding of test management tools/solutions/integrations (e.g. JIRA, ALM/QC, MS TM)
- Ability to interact with other teams to derive information required for projects
- Ability to highlight and escalate risks related to assigned work
- Have a proactive, can do attitude with a proven track record of implementing automated solutions
- A Computer Science/I.T. related degree
- ISTQB certification in Software Testing
- Technical skills - SQL, UNIX, Agile preferential