Our Client is a cloud-based customer intelligence platform that enables travel companies to leverage their online and offline customer data to create stronger, more profitable customer relationships. Using a unique fusion of travel knowledge, Big Data and predictive analytics, we aim to deliver unparalleled insight into customer behaviour across all channels.
What is the Role?
As a Senior Software Engineer you will be fundamental in implementing the latest business requirements on our platform. This is a responsible role with ownership of feature delivery and services from requirements right through to live on production.
It will involve working in an agile Java development team with fellow smart Engineers and Data Scientists alike. You'll be working with bleeding edge open source technologies in focused teams with real visibility across the full Java stack. This will be a challenging, responsible and rewarding role with huge learning potential.
We want to attract someone who is looking for a senior technical role with the scope for making an impact on fault tolerant, resilient services on a highly scalable, high availability and zero-downtime platform. This role is for someone who is looking to be at the core of delivery our Engineering.
Be somewhere you want to work, not somewhere you happen to work. Engineering here is redefining how the travel industry interacts with its customers. By providing the real-time intelligent marketing platform, our customers are able to optimise the way they interact with their guests on a large scale. We use our wealth of travel experience, combined with our data-analytics expertise, to deliver personalised recommendations to the end-user to give people what they want, when they want it.
- Lead and mentor fellow Engineers;
- Maintain expertise of relevant software technologies;
- Communicate and document functional specifications and technical design to key project team members;
- Provide accurate effort-estimates for deliverables;
- Design and write high-performance, reliable, and maintainable code;
- Own software operations & performance;
- Proactively organising, creating and running regular sessions to impart best practices and provide insights on new, relevant technologies;
- Substantial relevant experience;
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Computer Science or related discipline;
- Innovative, creative, flexible and self-directed;
- Expert in Java development and related technologies;
- Experience/exposure to AWS or similar hosting services, NoSQL databases and related technologies;
- An interest in bleeding edge open source technologies;
- Good English verbal and written communication skills;
- Agile Software Development methodologies (SCRUM, XP, etc.);