The primary function of the Sales Support Operations Manager UK and Ireland is to actively contribute to our Client's growth through supporting the Sales Director and the Sales Manager UK and Ireland. This is primarily an office based role with the main sales tool being SalesForce. The Sales Support Operations Manager is a key role within the Sales Support group with the role encompassing 3 keys areas:
- Day to day management and development of the Sales support and Renewals team;
- Management and development of the full sales support process from customer quote to order delivery;
- Reporting and measurement on performance, productivity and success of the support and Renewals teams;
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Management of Customer Contracts;
- Manage a successful sales support and Renewals team and ensure that the team consistently meets or exceeds daily performance metrics;
- Own and manage the full process associated with customer hardware/software and Managed service renewals (from customer quotation to order delivery to goods receipting) ensuring accuracy, quality and speed
- Own and manage the Renewals deliverables around Quoting 2-3 months in advance of expiry dates, and achieve renewals sales targets associated with retention of current Business and upsell on Renewals.
- Own and manage the requirements to capture, record, and store new Business and renewal customer contracts
- Own and manage the Sales Support process from start to finish (from customer quotation to order delivery to goods receipting) ensuring accuracy, quality and speed.
- Review and manage; in conjunction with other departments, the CRM system (Salesforce) to allow for the development and implementation of new processes and procedures for effective and efficient use
- Manage the development and on-going relationships with key vendors in terms of sales training, renewals process, account development, deal registration and PO transactions.
- Manage the development and up skilling of the Sales support team through weekly one to one meeting and review sessions
- Efficiently handle queries from Sales and customers and become the escalation point for all sales support issues relating to the Sales Support desk.
- Remain knowledgeable of key processes, business initiatives and internal resources in order to assist the sales team and recruitment in accomplishing company goals.
- Serve as the main point of contact and address calls for general business issues.
- Act as a liaison/partner between the Sales Teams and other internal customers
- Provide leadership within the sales support function and ensure behaviours and values are upheld at all times
- Follow customer and internal processes and procedures in an effective and efficient way.
- Flexibility in carrying out other tasks and responsibilities which may arise in order to achieve the overall purpose and success of the Sales team.
The successful candidate will have considerable experience managing an Internal Sales Support and Renewals Teams and bring with them concepts of best practice which have proven to be successful for the candidate.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Respond well to change and new tasks, maintain flexibility while keeping a focused-on objectives;
- Superb attention to detail;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a similar role or sector;
- Strong desire to give excellent customer service i.e. resolving enquiries fully, swiftly and pleasantly;
- Self-starter with outgoing personality but with an unselfish team player mentality;
- Self-motivated with a hardworking and proactive approach;
- Ability to cope under pressure and prioritise work accordingly;
- Sound business acumen and ability to understand and interact with the customer;
- Strong negotiation skills;
- Competent in Word Processing and Spreadsheet packages;