We are currently seeking a QA Coordinator Engineer for a permanent position based in our clients Dublin HQ.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Release manager and operating within the Quality Assurance structure you will have the following roles & responsibilities;
- Support Release manager and management team in achieving QA sign off on multiple parallel releases, across multiple environments, using an agile (Scrum), continuous delivery model.
- Prepare & co-ordinate the Release test approach, and plan work accordingly
- Co-ordinate & support offshore Release QA team (~25 resources)
- Prepare daily test plan for offshore.
- Work with multiple Scrum QA Leads supporting them through the release process as they deliver their new features.
- Gather & share key feature info – requirements, test data and incorporate into Release test approach.
- Ensure Release Scope is suitably tested & signed off
- Work with automation team and support them through each Release QA cycle.
- Review offshore test execution results.
- Daily triage of issues raised, identify Critical high priority items that have potential to halt a release
- Escalate existing Production issues, ensure they are raised as appropriate.
- Maintain Test Rail project
- Lead 0ffshore in ongoing update and maintenance of Release Regression Test Suites (organic) to include new features as delivered by the scrum teams.
- Monitor & improve release QA processes, updating as required, coordinating this task with the planning and delivery organisation.
- Previous experience working with and perhaps leading an offshore QA team.
- Working with remote teams across Europe.
- Previous experience executing an end to end QA approach, test planning and process implementation across multiple delivery streams.
- Strong communication skills
- 3rd level qualification (FETAC level 8)
- In a technical discipline e.g. Computer Science, Information Technology, Electronics, Physics etc.
- 3rd level qualification & technical Post Graduate qualification plus relevant work experience will also be considered.
- ISTQB Foundation level certification, while not a requirement, would be a distinct advantage.
Skills & Application Competencies
Some or all of the following skills and application exposure would be an advantage
- Linux/Unix knowledge with shell scripting experience
- MySQL/SQL Server
- IntelliJ, Eclipse or equivalent
- Experience on projects with a heterogeneous technology stack
- Atlassian Application Stack
- Jira, Confluence, Stash
- Experience working with remote & distributed teams
- Proven communication skills, both written and verbal
- TestRail test asset management tool or other similar test asset management application
- Postman/Fiddler Tool/Charles proxy or similar
- Familiarity with browser development tools