We are looking for a Cloud and Linux Team Lead to join our clients Infrastructure team in Dublin. In this role you will work on large-scale system design and troubleshooting using a wide array of cutting-edge technologies. A real passion for automation and the desire to work in an agile environment as well as familiarity with running production environments at scale is crucial.
- Manage team of Linux Engineers as part of the Infrastructure & Operations team
- Manage both on-premise and cloud (AWS) services
- Be part of the core Infrastructure & Operations leadership team that will design and build the future systems – both on premise and increasingly in cloud environments
- Ensure that standards are maintained by direct reports, vendors and contractors
- Install, upgrade, manage and administer our Linux systems, both physical and virtual.
- Monitor, troubleshoot and tune clusters and servers for system health and performance.
- Create and maintain automation scripts.
- Create and maintain documentation on installations, tools, and procedures.
- Fluent English written and spoken.
- Leadership experience in a Linux team environment
- Broad knowledge of systems technologies and industry trends with subject matter specialization in Linux systems administration and advanced knowledge of specific practices
- Deep Cloud experience (preferably AWS)
- Able to successfully contribute in cross-functional teams containing a mixture of technical and non-technical peers
- Demonstrated expert knowledge of scripting technologies using bash, Perl, Python and similar tools
- Expertise in Linux system administration automation (using Ansible, Spacewalk, etc)
- Knowledge of at least one configuration management/deployment system (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Spacewalk, etc.)
- Extensive experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6/7 required
- Some experience with Docker desired
- Experience in a large environment (> 500 systems) with 24x7 support requirements
- Experience with administration, configuration and deployment of Linux systems in a fast-paced commercial environment.
- Knowledge of server and application-level security, particularly web applications.
- A background working in a regulated / standards compliant environment a plus.
- Experience with cloud-based Infrastructure-as-a-Service, AWS (ideally), Azure or GCP
- Experience working in 24x7 environment
- Have a passion for Linux & Automation