Consults with users, to determine hardware, software or system functional specifications. Designs and develops computer systems or programs, including prototypes, based on user defined requirements. Writes code, programs, tests, and analyzes new application software. Negotiates with vendors to determine price and technical functionality. Formulates management policies for user rights and security. Advise IT management about IT issues within the Company. Performs additional job duties as required. Works on moderately complex projects with a high breadth of responsibility. Participates in far-reaching research projects, making important decisions. Works independently on assigned tasks. Have independent authority to make significant changes to systems and environment.May require some supervision and coaching when interfacing with multiple IT groups and business units.
Job Specific Responsibilities
- Actively participate in requirements reviews and estimation efforts with project sponsors and team members.
- Create high level design documents and system diagrams.
- Lead and direct less senior developers in detailed designs and coding in addition to coding him/herself.
- Participate in and help lead design and code reviews for peers and junior developers as well as for infrastructure designs.
- Participate in on-call and production support rotations.
- At all times, the senior level developer should be viewing the current architecture and code for areas of improvement in terms of quality, performance, scalability, recovery, security, availability, monitoring, and code efficiency.
- Travel to Dublin, Ireland and Omaha, NE required (particularly the 1st year).
- Alignment of IT strategy and planning with business goals.
- Promotion of shared applications and reusable components to reduce costs and improve information flows. Ensure that projects do not duplicate functionality and adhere to business and IT strategies.
- Work with solution engineers and application leads to develop enterprise solution that are scalable and adaptable.
- Management of the risks associated with data and systems access through appropriate standards and security policies.
- Involvement in the development of policies, standards and guidelines that direct the selection, development, implementation and use of Information Technology within the enterprise.
- Build employee knowledge and skills in specific areas of expertise.
- Cross train others and help ensure no one is a single point of failure in terms of knowledge or support skills.
- Due to the nature of this role there is a requirement to work outside of normal work hours on an on call support basis
- 10+ years application development experience;
- Strong/recent experience with Dojo and Angular development;
- Strong in client side coding frameworks;
- At least 5 years’ experience designing and supporting online systems used in financial services;
- Experience with batch process design and support will be necessary, with focus on improving error handling, monitoring, reporting, and alerting around critical batch processes.
- Solid infrastructure background required with experience supporting your applications in WebSphere or Web Logic; Apache; and DB2 or Oracle., or Postgresql.
- Experience with proven design patterns and standard Java application architectures.
- Experience with performance tuning Java applications to include benchmark testing and scalability testing.
- Experience with Java deployment strategies and techniques.
- Experience with automated build and continuous integration processes and procedures.
- Experience with Service Oriented and component based architectures.
- Experience using automated testing and security and compliance tools such as Fortify and Appscan preferred.
- Additional tool experience desired: Sort Site (Powermapper.com), JAWS, Adobe CQ5 or similar content management solution, Rational Team Concert, Clearcase or GIT, Optier or Wiley, mobile device emulators
- Successful experience working with customers and team members in multiple countries and time zones
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Customer service orientation
- Proactive and self-directed
- Systems thinking - the ability to see how parts interact with the whole
- Knowledge of the business for which the enterprise architecture is being developed
- Interpersonal, leadership, collaboration, and negotiation skills
- Ability to explain complex technical issues in a way that non-technical people may understand
- Knowledge of IT governance and operations
3+ yrs. of related IT experience. Bachelor Degree at College of Engineering and Technology or equivalent work experience.