Duties of the role:
- Daily maintenance, monitoring and support of the IT server and systems infrastructure.
- Research, procure, install, configure and maintain new and existing systems
- Assist with the implementation of new/upgraded systems.
- Provide level 3 support for the IT Service Desk
- Perform advanced systems operational tasks
- Procurement of IT hardware, services and software
- Develop and implement IT standards and procedures in line with industry trends
- Co-ordination and liaison with all other IT staff / areas
- Participate in scheduled out of hours activity.
- Contribute to the overall performance of the IT Infrastructure and Operations team.
Skills/Experience Required for the Role:
- Third level qualification in Computer Science or equivalent
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft technologies including Server and Workstation Operating Systems (Server 2008/2012, Microsoft Windows 7/10, Microsoft Office 2016/365) with knowledge of Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange 2010.
- Strong networking and TCP/IP skills
- Knowledge of technologies supporting Enterprise Backup (Veeam), Storage Area Networks (Dell EMC EqualLogic, PowerVault)
- Knowledge of scripting technologies, including PowerShell
- ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library)
- Full Clean Driving License essential