This role has responsibility for the delivery of the managed service within agreed targets and quality standards, in line with the overall company’s strategy. Ensure that customer service is preformed to a high standard promoting a “customer first” culture in everything we do.
Promoting continuous service improvement to reduce ticket volumes, improve customer experience and achieve customer retention targets.
The role will require onsite visits to customer site as part of scheduled meeting and service reviews. The successful candidate will embody excellent customer service skills as a fundamental basic of their core skillset.
· The role will oversee the daily operation of the Service Desk detailed in the service catalogue which includes request fulfilment, incident management and problem management in line with agreed targets and SLA’s.
· Coordinate and manage ticket queues for 1st, 2nd and 3rd line teams (including onsite teams).
· Manage the processing of incoming calls/tickets to the help desk system via telephone,e-mail, and web entry to ensure customer focused, timely and effective incident resolution in line with SLA’s.
· Management of all proactive service fulfilment including server/client monitoring and patching services.
· Coaching the team to performance to high standard in achieving service target and agree customer SLA’s.
· Recruiting,training and supporting the day to day activities of the service desk.
· Participates in escalation calls through to resolution and resulting root cause analysis (RCA)reporting.
· Manage the Service Desk teams by defining and establishing schedules, setting priorities and handling administrative issues as needed.
· Train,coach and mentor Service Desk Staff on operational processes and procedures inline with ISO20000;
· Design and enforce request handling and escalation policies in line with the ISO 20000 incident management process
· Ensures tickets are correctly categorised and managed in line with agreed procedures.
· Ensures that staff provide a high standard of customer service, quality and performance to end-users by performing Quality Management Assessments.
· Offers suggestions for continuous service improvements and leads in the development of new procedures
· Ensures relevant Service Level Agreements are in place, managed, monitored and communicated.
· Promote active feedback in all directions to improve services, tools and end-user experience.
· Manage staff scheduling to ensure service desk coverage during normal business hours and effective coordination with on call teams.
· Act as the conduit between the service delivery managers and the Service Desk
· Ensure the high levels of customer service are maintained while ensuring a consistent level quality is maintained
· Oversee development and dissemination of customer runbooks and the PSA knowledge base
Skills and Experience
· Lead by example” approach to team management
· Ability to coach staff and lead a high performing team
· Promote a healthy, positive and enthusiastic team culture
· Good written and spoken communication skills in English.
· Able to travel from time to time within short notice.
· Aptitude for solving problems and acting on own initiative.
· Highly motivated with a willingness to learn new technologies and services.
· Effective communicator with a positive and confident attitude both written and verbally.
· Good written skills with capability to create well formatted reports.
· Excellent phone manner.
· Full Clean Driving Licence with access to your own vehicle