Duties and responsibilities
- Minimum 5 years IT sales experience in the Irish marketplace, this experience must be recent and also be direct sales to customers.
- Knowledge of some of the following technologies is an advantage: Vmware; Dell; Cisco; Microsoft; HP; Citrix.
- Experience in Selling into large to enterprise customers is an advantage
- Network of contacts in the Irish IT channel including vendor level relationships is an advantage
- Makes telephone calls and in-person visits and presentations to existing and prospective clients.
- Researches sources for developing prospective customers and or information to determine their potential.
- Expedites the resolution of customer problems and complaints.
- Co-ordinates sales effort with marketing, sales management, accounting, logistics and technical service groups.
- Analyse the market potential and determine the value of existing and prospective customers’ value to the organisation.
- Create, negotiate and close commercial agreements.
- Locate/propose potential business deals by contacting potential clients; discovering and exploring opportunities.
- Close new business deals by co-ordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Develop, present and implement plans to your manager for acquiring new clients/customers, including activity breakdowns, performance milestones, resource requirements and expense budget.
- Prepare and submit sales activity reports and sales forecasts as requested by your Manager.
- Participate in trade shows and conventions if required.
- Strong background in selling, minimum 5 years.
- Familiar with consultative selling process.
- A proven history of delivering on sales targets.
- Large customer account management capability
- Business development experience in existing and new accounts.
- Strong network.
- A relationship developer and builder.
- Good analytical ability with strong presentation and negotiation skills.
- Track record in managing sales and pipeline to deliver targets.
- Overall, a strong personality, sales entrepreneur in spirit and a capability to achieve and deliver short and long term sales objectives.