To support in the day-to-day operations of the ICT Support team in providing effective 2nd line support. Ensure timely response & resolution of customer incidents and service requests are carried out with business agreed SLA’s. Maintain a high standard of customer service to deliver this support to our business.
• Ensure all incidents, service requests, events are logged in the ICT provided Service Desk system Cherwell (branded AskIT)
• Allocation of incidents through escalation processes defined within the business and the ICT department.
• Monitoring ICT systems to maintain a proactive approach to service delivery.
• Focus on delivering a high standard of face-to-face ICT support to all Staff.
• Completing Tier 2 ICT support Incidents for staff within agreed SLA’s
• Create, log, update, prioritise and resolve incidents at 1st or 2nd line support levels
• Offering face-to-face ICT support and all incidents to be logged into the ICT Departments support service business solution.
• Assist with project related incidents that include latest software and security patches for certain business application.
• Work with the ICT Support Manager on improvements to ICT services
• Identify incidents that need escalations to Problem status within ITIL best practices.
• Report progress of tasks allocated by ICT Support Manager
• Share knowledge with other members of the ICT support team when resolving incidents or problem management tasks.
• To communicate at various levels within our organisation ensuring a polite and professional manner.
• To conduct audits across the business, identifying and highlighting best practice and producing clear documentation for the support services department.
• To troubleshoot areas of poor performance and assist the ICT Support Manager to identify effective solutions to resolve issues both in the immediate future and for the longer term.
• Visit sites and regional offices for provisioning of ICT support.
• Working alongside the other ICT departments to ensure audits are completed for all assets.
• To work alongside with the ICT Support Manager, ICT Infrastructure Manager, Development Manager and Asset & Deployment Manager
• Proactive approach to Service Delivery through Monitoring tools and systems.
• Dealing with service requests through our call logging system
• Supporting VOIP telephony systems
• Provide 2nd line
• Installation and maintenance of computer related hardware and software.
• Administration and support on VPN & remote access solution
• Provide 2nd line application support
• 1st Line Mobile device support including IPADS and Smart phones
• To manage and monitor Server Environments for Sites and offices
• Monitor and action any hardware faults or proactive processes for Servers
• Understand and troubleshoot Project/Site/Office ICT Communication equipment
• Document all regional information according to central stored location. Work with other technicians to have cover and knowledge spread for the reasons of backup.
• To research and understand new cutting edge technology to enhance support requirements to our business
• Suggest ideas for Support Service improvements
• Supporting Tier 2 technicians and the Service Desk
• Recognize improvements in workflows and suggest ideas on how to implement
• Supporting ICT to deliver projects to the business with the guidance of the ICT support manager
• Supporting ICT requirements for Joint Venture projects
• Promote ICT Services and department through new PR methods and help to develop these with the ICT Support Manager
• Promote our department in a positive light across the business
Qualifications and Experience:
• ITIL foundation qualification or good sound knowledge
• At least 12 months experience working on a ITIL process driven ServiceDesk
• Customer focused driven
• Networking Knowledge
• ICT Security Awareness
• Experienced in Windows 7 and 10 OS
• Understanding of MS server 2008, 2012, 2016
• Office 365 experience
Skills, knowledge and abilities:
• Strong focus on customer service with ability to manage customer expectations, prioritise
• Conflicting demands and resolves customer concerns/queries
• Ability to support staff at different levels of ICT knowledge and experience
• Excellent time management and organisational skills with the ability to achieve results
• Experienced in MS Office 2007–2016 and Office 365
• Excellent communication skills, listening, verbal and written, with the ability to communicate at all levels of the organisation
• Ensures that excellent service is an integrated part of his/her own work
• Ability to prioritise, plan and organise own workload to meet deadlines and performance targets
• Discrete, confidential, diplomatic and tactful.
• Innovative, creative, patience and resilience
• An effective team player
• Highly motivated with a flexible approach
• A willingness to continually develop levels of knowledge
• Ambassador for ICT Services team who positively promotes the Service Desk as a single point of contact for the business
• Challenges process and service to ensure they are fit for purpose
• Driven to meet performance targets and customer service standard