Our client's ideal candidate for this role should be a self-motivator with at least five years selling experience in this market. He/she should be a sales person first and foremost with a track record to back this up. The candidate should be able to demonstrate the attention to detail that is required to be able to deliver at this level and be able to back this up with relevant experience. They will need to quickly gain a technical understanding of our client's portfolio to be able to tailor offerings to meet business, technical and service requirements of customers. They will need to stay abreast of market developments and apply their knowledge to ensure continued evolution of their sales strategy and approach to ensure they achieve success.
Skills and Experience Profile
The successful candidate is likely to come from an existing IT Infrastructure solution provider or a hardware/software vendor, and will have a minimum of five years successful IT sales experience.
Role and key responsibilities include:
- The role is divided into both account management and business development. You will need to follow up on leads generated by business partners and those generated by your own efforts. You will have to build a sufficient sales pipeline from these leads and ultimately close this business;
- You will be given a phased target and will be expected to provide timely and accurate forecasts to management;
- Regularly communicate and maintain internal system reporting processes (CRM) for sales, business development, pipeline and forecast activities to show progress against agreed targets;
- Contribute ideas towards the continued evolution of the datacentre strategy, approach and portfolio to ensure we continue to meet market, partner and client requirements;
- Maintain regular senior level relationships internally, with partners, customers and prospective customers;
- Establish key customer and partner relationships utilising the support of marketing, business development, technical, service and executive resources;
- Understand market, business, technical and service challenges, objectives and requirements of customers and prospective customers in order to tailor the portfolio of solutions and services accordingly for successful contract engagements;
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum of five years’ experience within the technology or technology services sector.
- Formal sales training and/or accreditation achieved during career to date.
- Significant, experience within a new business sales environment, focused on business growth.
- Demonstrable track record of over-target achievement in identifying and successfully securing profitable client contracts in new business.
- Management of business development, pipeline and forecast activities, reporting of plans and activities through CRM systems & processes.
- Experience in data management, storage, converged datacentre, virtualisation solutions and services.
- Ability to quickly grasp a technical understanding of propositions, portfolio of solutions and services and competitive market.
- Understanding of bid management and other appropriate commercial and pricing strategies and approaches such as Opex vs Capex.
- Well presented, articulate, strong written and verbal communication, excellent interpersonal, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Comfortable working at all levels within an organisation both internally and externally with customers and partners.
- Ability to prioritise, be highly organised and able to manage multiple large and small projects in a timely fashion.
- Positive attitude, flexible, proactive, creative, innovative approach, confident but not arrogant.
- Thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment experiencing exponential growth.
- Comfortable working both independently and as part of a team.
- Results driven, desire to over achieve and exceed expectation.
- Must be a team player.
- Excellent knowledge of the Irish market with sufficient business, technical and service understanding to support the creation of new solutions and services based upon customer needs.
- Good knowledge of V+C+I+N Reference Architectures (VMware, Cisco, IBM, NatApp).
- Good relationships with existing strategic vendor partners or new market entrants relevant to our client.
- Specific vertical market sector experience welcome but not essential.
Our client offers highly competitive salaries, bonus programs with unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.