We are looking for an experienced and ambitious business development person to deliver new business opportunities for our client's recently launched IT Managed Services division.
This role requires a strong sales person who is heavily client focused and understands the IT requirements of the SME sector.
Whilst initially this role will have a primarily focus on new business development, there is an opportunity within 18-24 months that the successful candidate would move into a more strategic management role as the business accelerates its growth. You will be expected to play a significant role in this growth and fast track your own career path within the business.
There will be access to our large database of transactional customers (over 1500) to cross sell our managed service offerings as well as an expectation that the right person will be developing their own network of contacts and leads.
- Undertake key stakeholder engagement with targeted leads to determine managed print service opportunities.
- Develop and implement activity plans which will maximise time in field and engagement with opportunities.
- Develop and close business opportunities for a broad range of services and solutions with targeted leads.
- Lead and manage multiple engagements simultaneously from a business and customer relationship perspective.
- Work closely with pre-sales and technical teams to deliver high quality solutions and proposals back to potential clients.
- Minimum 3 years of proven sales, business development or account management track record in the Telecommunications or IT related industry.
- Extensive knowledge of selling professional or managed services, within an SME environment.
- Excellent proven track record of developing a sales pipeline and closing business opportunities within an SME environment.
- Very strong customer-facing experience and exceptional communication skills.
- Natural ability to build rapport and maintain effective and trusting relationships with clients.
- Ability to communicate, influence and negotiate extremely effectively at all levels of seniority within a company.
- High degree of self-motivation, strong commitment and result oriented.
- Excellent ability to manage time and workload.