On behalf of our Client, one of Europe's largest and best known brands, We are looking for a talented Android developer to join their new digital development team. In this role you will work closely with the development and product team to develop, modify and support their Android native app. We want someone who is motivated by emerging mobile technologies and has a passion to drive digital transformation. A real desire to work in a collaborative and fast-paced environment is essential. You will be joining our client at an exciting time with an ambitious roadmap to become digital leaders and pioneers.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES AS ANDROID DEVELOPER WILL INCLUDE
- Design and build advanced applications for the Android platform;
- Developing high quality, testable and performant apps using Agile work practices;
- Driving best technology and software development practices into the team with passion and enthusiasm;
- Assisting analysts and business stakeholders in shaping, estimating and planning new requirements;
- Participating in regular showcases of new work to the product owners and business stakeholders;
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency;
- 5+ years of professional Android development experience.
- A deep familiarity with Java and Android Framework
- Experience of working within a continuous development environment and source code repositories like GIT
- Experience of collaborating with a UI/UX team
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
Here’s what would be nice to have:
- Stash, Jira, and Confluence.
- Have published one or more Android apps in google play
You’d be a great fit if you:
- Raise the bar for your team technically, and are tenacious, curious and collaborative in all aspects of your work
- Are a quick learner and have excellent communication skills
- Enjoy working in an environment with a lot of context and minimal guidance
- If you have a Github account, have contributed to open source projects, have a personal project of which you’re particularly proud or are currently getting neck-deep in a new technology that you’re really excited about, tell us all about it in your cover letter!